But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Today

Today, I'm thankful for...

*preschoolers that enjoy singing with me.

*coffee in the teacher's lounge.

*the quiet in my car on the way to work.

*the very fact that I have a job. Not everyone does, and I'm appreciating more and more what a gift my job is.

*my team. Even after a crappy practice.

*Adam, who sent me a 1 Peter 3:1 this morning, "All honor to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for it is by his boundless mercy that God has given us the privilege of being born again. Now we live with a wonderful expectation because Jesus Christ rose from the dead." Amen!

*an unexpected e-mail from a parent who chose to speak life into me as a coach.

*my loving Jesus, who is abundantly more than I need for each day.

There are days when I want to collapse from the stresses of this season or the fatigue of the day, but I long to have a heart of gratitude. Yes, there are parts of right now that are not easy, but big picture, I'm more than ok. I am blessed beyond measure, to be exact.

Sunday's sermon was about abiding in Christ. Apparently to abide means to be "at home." Oh how I long to be "at home" with Jesus throughout everyday. On some days, I am working and walking all over campus- in the high school gym, in the church building, in the 3rd-5th grade building, in the lower elementary building, etc, but no matter where I go, I want to abide in Christ. I had this beautiful image of what it could look like for me to be at home with Jesus as I walked throughout my days, and it's exactly what I want.

Not so much in my current house, but in my previous place of residence, there was such comfort in walking into my apartment at the end of the day, or spending Saturday mornings in the quiet and calm of my space. That is what I want with Jesus. All day.

I feel like I'm really grasping John 15 when Jesus talks about us being able to do nothing apart from Him. He is the vine- the source. I will not produce fruit apart from Him. I want to grow, healthy. I can confirm that trying to grow apart from the vine will in fact cause withering.

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me." John 15:4




No comments:

Post a Comment