But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year

I'm very, very thankful for the new year.

With it came a new roommate, a new outlook on work, and a new pep in my step.

I feel significantly better in almost all areas of life. Work isn't as daunting, and I have switched to savoring every moment with my team. Our season will be over before I know it, and I will be crying at the end.

Adam was let go last week. That was certainly NOT in the plan, but we know God is faithful. Tuesday was filled with thoughts of, "How are we going to do this?" But we trust the Lord, and Adam is handling this like a champ.

Friday was the best day of preschool I've had this school year. It was a welcomed gift, and teaching felt like it did last year- energizing. The family (from last year) that has been oh so intentional about blessing and loving me kidnapped me for lunch. They "needed" to hear details about the wedding. They bought enough food for lunch and dinner and loaded a starbucks gift card for Adam. This little girl and her mom are amazing. The mom is the type of person that after spending time with her, you feel better about life. It's a quality I wish I possessed.

They even took Adam and I to lunch and ice cream after church on Sunday. My soul felt refreshed, and my heart was encouraged.

I'm so thankful for the small things that are making a big difference in my day to day life.

I welcome 2012 with an eager heart, excited for what the Lord has for us. Adam and I spent time last night listing all of the things from just yesterday that we were thankful for and together thanked the Lord for His perfect provision.

And just because...

Adam wrote probably 50 thank you notes yesterday. ROCKSTAR husband! Seriously, that was one of the kindest things he could do for me yesterday.

I'm a blessed woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment