But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

25 Weeks and Living Large

It's kind of crazy to us that Henry could be here in 15 weeks. We are no where near ready. I still have an entire quarter of school to finish. And we only have Memorial Day off between now and the last day of school. This is the long haul, not the home stretch, people.

[insert: I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.]

The last week of February, Adam and I were out and about doing errands. We were talking about when and how and where we were going to move. We were searching for housing that would allow me to not work full time and possibly not even work part time. But housing out here is very expensive. It didn't look possible. 

Realistically, I was going to have to bring in money somehow. A mom suggested I start an in-home daycare, but honestly, that sounded awful. And in what home would this be possible?? I told Adam that I was believing for something to come up- like a full basement apartment that someone wanted to rent us for super cheap. I was just trusting that God was going to make a way for us. Adam said that he knew God was capable of doing that, but more than likely, he was going to need to figure this out. And the way in which he was praying about this situation reflected that assumption. 

The. Next. Day. a mom of one of my girls said she'd been praying and it dawned on her that she should let us live in their apartment over their storage unit. She let me know it wasn't ideal for a few reasons, but she'd let us live there rent free. We'd just have to pay utilities. 

I stood there wide-eyed, with my mouth hanging slightly open as she explained it to me. I kept thinking of Adam's comment, and I couldn't wait to tell him. 

Without making this the longest post ever, God answered above and beyond what we were even hoping for. This is a stand alone property; it's not connected to the main house at all. Their property is quite large, so there's a HUGE yard. They have a big old dog that Adam is super excited about sharing. Did I mention there's no rent and no contract?? 

As previously mentioned, there are some disadvantages. Though a spacious apartment, there's not 2 distinct bedrooms- but I do have some open space to work with. So, a mom of a different girl on my team, who is an interior designer, is going to go look at the space with me this weekend to help me figure out a way to create a room for Henry. I'm not sure there's even room for a crib, but I'm not too worried about it at this point. 

We're really excited and thankful, yet again, for the way God provided this for us. And because we'll be living rent free, I won't be working at all next year...just coaching. Which I'll technically get paid for, but I assure you that they don't dish out the big bucks for me to coach their cheerleaders. 

Letting my principal know I would not be returning next year was very bittersweet. I'm so, so, SO happy that I get to be home with Henry, but I will miss my little guys. I know that it's a privilege to have 26 preschoolers entrusted into my care. I know that getting to love them and teach them is a unique opportunity. I'm confident that I'll miss our Bible discussions the most.  

As I was sitting on the floor with one of my little girls today, she was talking about how excited she was for summer because my baby would come out. She said with eager anticipation, "You're going to be a mom this summer!" I smiled at her and told her I was excited too. She proceeded to ask if I would still teach her class after I was a mom. I tried dodging the question by explaining that it would be summer and no one would be at school. The smart girl knew what she was asking though. She continued to push, asking if I'd be the teacher when everyone came back to school after summer. I told her I wouldn't be the teacher anymore. She quickly gave me the stink eye and said, "I don't want you to be a mom anymore!" 

My job can be extremely exhausting and frustrating. But I love who I spend my days with. I'm hoping to squeeze every ounce of fun that I can out of the next 9 weeks.


1 comment:

  1. even though i'm not becoming a mom over the summer, i'm squeezing out all the fun i can with my little ones too! :) and JESUS!! Gosh, love when God shows up in ways we couldn't even imagine. SO good.

    ReplyDelete