But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

The 1 Month Post That Didn't Happen

Nolan Alex Tomberlin hit 1 month on Tuesday. But I went back to practice this week, and I considered each day a success when Nolan and I were fed and at practice on time. It left little time for anything else. 


Nolan is definitely growing, but it seems like he's only getting longer instead of thicker. His completely kissable cheeks have some more chunk to them, but he still seems pretty thin. 


We brought Nolan home in this sleeper. You can clearly see his legs don't really fit so good anymore, but his arms are just fine. 


Nolan's first month of life went quickly, yet we cannot believe that just over 5 weeks ago, he was in my tummy. We're completely smitten by this little boy, and everyday we marvel at how cute he is. I often go back and look at pictures from the very beginning of his life, and I can't believe how much he's already changed. I know, I know. It's only been 5 weeks, but everyone says it goes fast. Let me just say, it doesn't feel like it's going fast in the middle of the night! :) 


Adding Nolan to our family has been a big adjustment, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I can't tell you how accomplished I feel when I do laundry, clean up, and cook dinner in the same day! It doesn't happen every day, but it feels good on the days it does happen. But I try to be sure to spend time cuddling my boy each day even when dishes aren't done and Adam's clothes haven't been ironed. 


I know this picture is a little blurry, but I love it so much. Even though, in my opinion, he very much looks like a little boy instead of a tiny baby. 

Nolan, we love you so much! We're so glad you're ours. I love being your momma, and I'll never be able to kiss those cheeks enough. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Marissa, for posting this one month blog about Nolan!! I LOVE looking at pictures of him (and of you & Adam) and seeing how ADORABLE he is!! Can't wait to see him in person!!!! :O)
    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete