But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

5 Months

Nolan turned 5 months on December 20, and we left for home on December 21. A 5 month post just wasn't going to happen that day. BUT! I did take the nugget's pictures. Which I'll get to those later in the post. 


Nolan's 5th month of life included his 1st cold. Which was a total bummer. He wasn't sleeping good. He wasn't breathing good. It was just sad all around. 


Nolan finally figured out how to be happy on this tummy in the crib. He would roll to his tummy and then be really unhappy/mad about it. But he figured out that he does in fact like sleeping on his tummy once he rolls over. The first few times I did feel the need to repeatedly make sure he was breathing. 


Nolan had his first Thanksgiving. Adam's parents came to celebrate with us. We had a delicious feast, and Nolan had, well, he had milk. But he also had a lot of fun with Meme and Poppa! 


Nolan's favorite thing to do is JUMP in his jumparoo. When we were in Atlanta, he really missed this thing! Nolan will try to jump on pretty much anything at this point. He's so happy to be jumping!!


It's honestly really hard for me to remember what went on in the 5th month, since we're almost finished with the 6th month. But, he continued to get chunkier and cuter! 


At Nolan's last doctor's appointment, he was in the 80th percentile for height, which still makes me laugh. 


Nolan did great with his 2nd set of vaccinations. He had hardly any reaction at all. He was just a little fussy the day of, but it was much better than the first set! 


I don't think I've ever mentioned that I can get a guaranteed smile out of Nolan if I sing the song Whom Shall I Fear by Chris Tomlin. Sometimes I sing it for literally 7 minutes straight if he's crying in the car. He just sits content as I sing it over and over and over and over. 


If you look at these pictures of Nolan and the bear,  it looks like a wrestling match that Nolan just dominated! And hello, arm rolls!! I love his chunky self. 


Sorry, Chunky Monkey. This month just wasn't well documented. Mom was a little on the crazy, stressed out side of things. But we love you more than you'll ever know, little man. 



No comments:

Post a Comment