But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Just Keep Saying It

There are times when I find myself overwhelmed with the consequences of my decision to move. I almost constantly have thoughts, questions, concerns, etc running through my mind regarding the transition ahead. What's the bare minimum of money I need to make? Do I really need to eat everyday? What city is going to be the best fit for me? Is it a bad idea to live by myself? How uncomfortable will it be to find a church? Is this about to be one of those markers in my life that make me shake my head in regret? And they just keep going.

What's been truly a gift is the verse that's been "stuck" in my head for almost a week.

"My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music." Psalm 57:7

I'll find myself saying this over and over in my head, and I'm sometimes saying it out loud: My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast. Declaring it: My heart IS steadfast, O God, my heart IS steadfast.

My heart is unwavering, firm, and unchanging, O God. This move scares me. This move seems highly illogical. But I choose a heart that is unwavering, firm, and unchanging. Because my God is God. And I find rest in that truth.

So, I decided that I needed to start singing and making music! :) Those who know me, know that I sing. A lot. I'm not a talented singer, but that's never really stopped me from singing really loud and really often. So in the moments when my heart is not feeling so steadfast, I sing praises to my King. And in the moments when my heart really is steadfast, I still sing praises to my King.

I'll keep speaking this over my life. I'll keep singing praises. The louder the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment