But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Not Enough Time

Now I can say with a new appreciation that teachers don't get paid enough. And I'm looking at the world of preschool. I can't imagine anything beyond it. I say that not because I'm awesome and the job I'm doing is stellar; I say it because of the numerous hours required outside of the school day.

Yes, I just moved across the country. Ya, I'm figuring out this preschool thing on a day to day basis. No, I don't have a place to call my own. All of which affect the next statement, but I believe I would be saying it regardless.

I'm exhausted.

Anthony picked me up from school today, and I wanted to just fall over. And I feel like I shouldn't even be writing this post because surely I could tackle a project. So, here comes a brief summary.

I have 12 4 year old students without a teacher aide in my classroom. I have them from 8:15ish until 11:15ish. I have 7 boys and 5 girls. Two of the boys are twins, and that was a bit challenging. The girls are very well behaved. All of them. The boys- gosh...we've got some work to do. I think we're going to have a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to the creative aspect of this job. Tomorrow will be my 3 year olds class. There will only be 7 of them. They'll basically do a watered down version of today.

Overall, I'm just feeling tired and waaaaaay behind. I do really like the kids I met today. I looked at Anthony this evening and said, "I kinda miss my kids." So, I think that's good. And yes I know I won't always feel that way. I can just hear people now..."That'll change!"

I'm hoping this weekend I'll recover and make some good progress in planning. Right now I'm just hanging on.

Friday seems so, so long away.

No comments:

Post a Comment