But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Alive

Once upon a time, I used to post here. But even upon that time I wasn't posting frequently. Here goes a sporadic update with the promise of more in the "near" future.

* I've officially been living here for just over 6 months. It's weird to think that I've spent about equal time here as I did in Thailand. I just sat here and tried to compare the 2 time spans, and I can't. I'm still thrilled to be living here, and I'm excited that spring is right around the corner! Summer is Seattle's time to shine, and I can't wait!!

* This is my first week without any cheer practices or games, and it's a bizarre feeling. I'm actually going home before it's dark outside. I love it. I miss my team more than I thought I would, but it's nice to be able to cook dinner, prepare for school, and workout all before 9:00. I could get used to this. This is the first time in 6 months that cheer isn't a current responsibility.

* My sister visited me last week, which was awesome! She now loves this city, and there's really not much more I could hope for when people come see me. I know that sounds ridiculous. But I just like when people experience the beauty of the northwest and all of the sudden understand why I love it out here.

* I start back to online classes on Monday. Pray for me.

* I get 2 new students in my 3s class this week. One started yesterday, and I was so proud of one of my girls who reached out to the new student and tried to help her through our day. She took her under her wing- literally. At our last Circle Time she was wrapping her arm around the new girl. It was really sweet.

* March is going to be a good month! I have a visitor coming next weekend (10 days). Two weeks after that I go to Alabama for a wedding where I'll see friends. And the next weekend I have another visitor!

* It's refreshing for my whirlwind life to calm down a little. I'm hoping to enjoy the outdoors a little more in the next month. It's only a matter of time before cheer starts back up again, and I want to make sure I maximize these off weeks. I also need to do things like get a Washington license, change my tags, etc. But for this week, I'm just enjoying some down time.

I know there wasn't much to this, but I just needed to break the silence. I really will be back soon. I get internet at my apartment starting on Sunday! Which will help tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment