But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Wedding Week- Day 1

Our wedding is Saturday.

Wedding week is officially here, and I can hardly believe it. The past few weeks have been so insanely busy, that I could barely keep up. I don't know even know if I was technically "keeping up."

All weekend, my chest would tighten up with the realization of things that need to happen. I would take deep breaths in hopes of calming down. My team competed (and won) in their first competition this weekend, and my good friend Ally was here. So, there wasn't much time to sit down and get stuff done.

At one point I looked at Adam and said, "I was wrong. I couldn't handle all of this. I put too much on my plate- teaching full time, coaching, competing, moving, the wedding." His response? "Hindsight is always 20/20." Thanks. But in all seriousness, I want to trade in my super woman cape for a towel at the beach. Thankfully, I get to very soon.

I find great relief in knowing this very exciting wedding day is quickly approaching. I definitely feel like I'm in the home stretch, and I can do this.

I'm so excited to go home and spend time with everyone. I'm thankful for my mom who has worked her tail off to make this day possible. She's done far more wedding work than her busy schedule allows for. Saturday literally would not be happening if it weren't for her.

I'm sure the next few days will be filled with an array of emotions, but I'm thrilled that this week is finally here.


No comments:

Post a Comment