But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

2nd Place It Is!!

My team competed at their State competition yesterday. This has been a much anticipated day for all of us. I was confident they could take first place, but tried as much as I could to keep this pressure off of them. I, personally, was working for so much more than a State title, though that is one of my dreams. I was hoping to get some things changed around the school, a little respect for the cheerleaders, maybe even some practice space?? Am I asking too much??

But my team came up short. Though clearly the better team, we just didn't pull out a win. I'm working so hard to be okay with 2nd. Because they are so excited about it! And they should be. They've worked hard all season long, and I'm so excited they get to parade the halls tomorrow announcing their second place finish.

On top of falling just short, and I mean just short of my goal, I'm letting go of my favorite team. This season has been incredible and a gift. We truly have a unique thing going for us, and I have been dreading the end for a while. Last Sunday, I stood during worship and cried as I pictured my girls' faces. I prayed, and I hoped that they finished this season loving Jesus more than when we started together. Coaching is a unique opportunity, and I know that. I will miss our practices, and I can only hope I muster up some excitement for the next season.

Through all of this, Adam has been amazing. I went on numerous RANTS yesterday about the injustice of the scoring system in WIAA. I nearly cried two times as I accepted this unfair defeat. He sat through HOURS of a cheer competition, played with my hair, whispered comforting words, and agreed with me as I went on and on and on about why this is wrong. [Oh and I will do everything I can to right this situation, in case there were any doubts!]

I'm thankful for a husband who supports me in my goals and literally holds my hands through defeat. I know it may seem like I'm being dramatic, and I'm okay with you thinking that. Through getting 2nd place, I've realized anew God's given me so much in Adam. I'm thankful for Adam's competitive nature that gets angry with me. I'm thankful for Adam's compassion who knows my heart hurt with a 2nd place finish. I'm thankful for his sense of humor today as he made me laugh and took my mind off of things. I'm thankful for his devotion to me and his ability to calm me down (not an easy task in the past 24 hours).



Adam and I with the 2nd place plaque.


My dream team!!

So, we got 2nd!! Pretty darn good! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment