But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

10 True Facts About Life Right Now

1. While we know that Adam's job was entirely necessary, we are certainly adjusting to seeing each other less. 


2. I have 21 days of school left. I can't believe year 2 is going to be over in a blink!


3. Because Adam has a job and therefore a paycheck, we are currently LOVING fresh vegetables and salads. It's weird walking into the grocery store with a little more freedom. Dryer sheets, blue cheese, orange juice. YES! 


4. I am getting a license to drive a school bus. I know. I'm highly intimidated by the thought of it. But NO ONE seems to want to drive my cheerleaders to their games, so I WILL!! I had my first class on Monday. Freak. Me. Out!


5. Speaking of cheerleaders, it's a new year. And I am still working to embrace my new team. And I mean working


6. One of my favorite things about life now that Adam has a job is he gets up at the same time as me (or 5 minutes before), and I don't have to get ready in the dark or the other bedroom. It's the simple things in life.


7. Our primary concert was last night. Preschool-2nd grade. It's kinda nutty to plan and execute, but it always makes me laugh when my preschoolers feel like rockstars on the stage with the lights are on them. Naturally, they need to wave to their moms and dads at least 19 times. And naturally, one falls off the risers, one loses their shoe, and one stands dead center doing absolutely NOTHING the whole time. No singing. No hand motions. No smiles. 


8. We've hit the 70s this week. These northwest kids, I tell you...COMPLAINING about how hot it is. COMPLAINING that I moved PE outside. COMPLAINING that they can't run around outside when it's "this hot." Puh.lease. 


9. When I don't make a plan for dinner, my "go-to" plan is breakfast for dinner. And I love it!! I forgot to thaw chicken on Monday, so we had omelets and cinnamon raisin pancakes for dinner. I love breakfast food!! 


10. I ask all of my preschoolers a bunch of questions about their moms for Mother's Day. One of the questions was, "What does your mom want to be when she grows up?" My favorite answer..."An animal, definitely! I think a zebra!" I held back the laughter, but I look forward to seeing her reaction as she reads it on Monday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment