But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

DIY Project #1

You know...Adam will tell you that he's not a "do it yourself" type of guy. He's the type of guy that calls a guy to do it. So, when we decided to take on the project of turning a door into a headboard, I knew it was an act of love. 


So, we bought a door. 




We bought if for $30, I think, at a really cool second hand use store. I also bought another treasure that will be turned into art sometime in the summer.


Then, we sanded it. And by "we," I mean that Adam did the large majority of it. But I helped.




I mean, he sanded that thing for a while. 



Our friend from small group then came over with his cool tools to cut it to fit our bed size. And then to help Adam attach some 2x2s to each side. I did not take a picture of this because I didn't want to embarrass Adam.

We then picked out some paint samples to try, and we decided on a color.


We did all of the painting in our spare bedroom because the weather outside in Seattle right now is just too unpredictable. Again, Adam did most of it. 


The most frustrating part of it all was attaching it to the bed frame. It was at this point that Adam said, "This is exactly why I don't like do it yourself projects!" Whereas, I was loving it and already imagining our next project! BUT...the end result is pretty awesome! 




I really love it! It looks even better in person! 


Can't wait for DIY #2! 



1 comment:

  1. I am IMPRESSED!!! Where did you get the idea? What a neat idea to buy a door and make it into a headboard!! It looks great with your bedding!! I do hope to see it in person some day!! :O)

    Kudos to Adam!! It so reveals his devoted love to you to take on such a project!!

    ReplyDelete