But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Extra $20?

Do you have an extra $20 each month that you often ask yourself, "What should I do with this?" 

I have an idea.

You should sponsor a child through SMI Haiti. Just $20 a month sends the child to school, which includes- uniform, supplies, tuition, books, and UP TO 4 MEALS A WEEK.

Visit smihaiti.org then click 'donate.' And then click 'sponsor a child.' 

We sponsored a little guy last week, and then as I've kept checking the website to see if more kids are being added, guess who I found! Our little dude who would run around with no underwear, so proud of his light up shoes. So, we snagged him today. 

I know about 4 people read my blog, but if anyone actually goes and checks this out, the kids in green uniforms had sponsors last year and their sponsors didn't renew for the upcoming year. Our naked foot stomper fell in that category. The ones not in green uniforms are going to be first timers to school.

Think about it. Pray about it. And then do it. 

Going to school guarantees them a few meals, an adult showing positive, loving attention, and an education. This is life giving for these children in Haiti! 


1 comment: