But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Jobs

I've done such a great job of the whole thankfulness thing...

Today, I'm thankful that Adam and I both have jobs. I have a job where I get to work with small children and high schoolers. Adam has a job where he's affirmed, loved, and wanted. We're both in good places. 

But it's because of these jobs that we were able to go to Portland last week just because. Just because we wanted to get away and enjoy a time out. 

And we definitely did. Have I mentioned that I love the Hampton Inn?? Because I do so very much. Staying there for the weekend was so great. Several times throughout the weekend I thought or said out loud, "I could work here!" 

Besides the obvious enjoyment of the Hampton, we enjoyed great food, lots of laughing, and the luxury of completely shutting down from work. It. was. awesome.

And we went to this awesome waterfall. 



My cute husband has a beard! :) 

Despite my inclinations to complain about aspects of my job or the ways it's plain exhausting, I'm so blessed to be able to enjoy a weekend away with my favorite person. 

2 comments:

  1. oh the Hampton. that glorious, magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally catching up with you again - so glad you got some much needed time away together!

    ReplyDelete