But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Parents

Today, I'm thankful for my parents. 


I'm thankful for their love, their care, and their marriage. As I watch a few of my students struggle, already, with broken homes and constantly bouncing from his house to her house to Grandma's house, I'm so grateful that my parents have a strong marriage. That they still hold hands. And they still serve each other and believe the best. I'm thankful that I got to hear them argue when I was a kid, so I could see that marriage is hard work and not perfect. 

I'm thankful that they made family vacations a priority. I love the memories I have with my siblings and the home videos to go along with them. I know this was a sacrifice, but I so appreciate it. But we all can laugh when we think about playing cards in Costa Rica, Kara's constant need to shop in Hawaii, or all of us learning to snowboard in Tahoe.

I'm thankful for the confidence they cultivated in me regarding Whose I am, by always pointing me towards Truth. 

I'm so thankful God gave me the parents He did. 
Also, growing up in, on, and around Chick-fil-A my entire life-- totally awesome!!


No comments:

Post a Comment