But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

To My Precious 2 Year Old

Oh my Isaac Dean,

This past year sure did whiz by! One year old you was pretty much perfection! Ok, we all know that isn't true. No one year old is perfect, but gosh, you sure were close! And now you're two. TWO! 

You are full of personality, opinions, and belly laughs. You eat and eat and eat (except at breakfast), and you do it with enthusiasm. You still hold my hair and suck your thumb sideways. I really wouldn't have it any other way. Your squishy thighs are one of the best parts of my day, and I will squeeze them as long as I can. 

Isaac, you are the sweetest boy there is. I can't tell you how much joy and delight you bring our family. I love watching you play with Nolan or "pet" babies or read books by yourself. I love listening to you talk and sing. And just about the time you say, "No, sir," to Nolan, I could burst with laughter. I love feeling your hands on my face as you try to get my attention and my focus. I just love you so much, Isaac.

You are tough and determined. You can take a punch and just keep moving. You are daring and brave and willing to try new things. In fact, you help make Nolan more brave and daring. You are growing in independence, and I have mixed emotions about it. But I know it's good. You are turning into quite the little boy, my little love. I'm treasuring your littleness as I also try to encourage your bigness. It's tough! And boy is that feisty side of you showing up more and more! 

Isaac, I couldn't be happier to be your mom. Though you have a stubborn streak in you, I kind of knew that was inevitable. I love being home with you and getting a first row seat of your cuteness. You are lovable and adorable, so easy to enjoy! I love seeing your precious relationship with Nolan grow and strengthen, and I pray you two are buddies forever. 

I love you so much, Isaac. It's been SO FUN to celebrate wonderful you! Happy Birthday to my sweetest boy. I'll keep holding onto you as my baby for as long as I can. But, Isaac- welcome to 2! You're going to love it!

Love,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment