But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Because I Said I Wouldn't Be A Month Late

Typically for my kiddos' birthdays I do a letter to them and a picture recap of the year. The letter is more important to me, so I was sure to get Isaac's done in a reasonable time. It was still over a week late. But I've just been dragging my feet to get the recap done. But it WON'T be a month overdue. 

Isaac Dean is 4. This past school year, Nolan had school three days a week. So, Isaac and I had 3 days together. He was seriously the best little errand buddy and independent player on those days. I tried to do something most days that he wanted to do (like a puzzle or swing, etc), but realistically that didn't always happen. But I loved my time with just Isaac. 




Isaac showed signs of being a little more independent and a little more brave. I'd say he still has a preference for mom, but he is definitely growing out of the Mama's boy phase. He participated in Lighthouse talent shows without tears, and that was kind of a big deal! He initiates conversation and play with kids he doesn't know on the playground, and he is confident enough to walk up to an adult and introduce himself. I love this about him!



Isaac is my little sous chef in the making! He LOVES to bake with me, and he will happily drag his chair over to the island to be a part of whatever I'm making. He likes to pull all of the things out of the drawer, but I typically don't mind. He's actually getting pretty good about understanding dry ingredients, wet ingredients, etc. I love doing this with him. I admit that there are times when he really slows me down, and it does annoy me. But 9 times out of 10, I love it!



Isaac's interest in sports has increased this year. He loves watching football, and he got better at keeping up with his brother during flag football games. Isaac has heard pretty much his whole life how fast Nolan is. But he's had to fight to keep up with his big brother, and now he is finally get to hear people say that HE is fast. Isaac played soccer for the first time this spring, and he was the fastest and most aggressive player on his team. Nolan sure did train him well. 



Isaac really is so easy to love. He's still sweet and tender. He is SO excited that we have a baby sister coming. He will lovingly put his head on my ever growing belly and kiss it. He cannot wait to meet her, and it really does bring me so much delight to think about him being a big brother to her. He wants to hold her and help, and I plan on utilizing him. Isaac loves all babies and enjoys our friends' babies. I'm thinking his transition to middle child will be hardest on me- not him.





I can't believe Isaac is four. He is starting school in August, and it just doesn't seem possible. I'm thankful that he still chooses to hold my hand. He tells me without prompting quite often that he loves me. And he is just an easy going little boy. But he is definitely switching over to a big boy. I looked at him for some time at the dinner table recently, and I could see less and less of toddler Isaac. 

I'm thankful that discipling and training three year old Isaac wasn't quite as brutal as three year old Nolan. But you can't help but wonder if it's coming this year. 

I love being this boy's Mama, and I'm so glad he's a Tomberlin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment