But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Happy Birthday, Isaac Boy

Oh Isaac Dean!

How are you four?? 

It doesn't seem possible. Didn't we just breathe a big sigh of relief after you were born?

But you are so quick to remind me that you are in fact four years old! I've loved every bit of being your Mama, and I'm so grateful God placed you in our family right when He did. 

You have such a tender heart, but you can be a tough little dude when you want to be. You are not one to be outdone by your big brother, and you love keeping up with everything he does. But there is a sweetness to you that just hasn't faded, and I can't help but wonder if this is just part of who you are. 

You LOVE babies, and you think every single one of them is the cutest ever. I cannot wait to see you with your sister. Just the other day you told me you couldn't wait for her to be here because you want to pet her. And you also said that if she doesn't like when you hold her, you'll give her back to me. Oh Isaac, how could she not like you? She will adore you. We all do. I will love watching you be big brother to her. 

This year you have become a little more brave, a little more daring. And it's been so fun to watch. I do enjoy when your eyes scan for me, looking for my reassurance that you actually CAN do whatever you are about to attempt. I know one day, it won't be me your eyes are scanning for. I love being your biggest fan and loudest cheerleader. So for these numbered days, I treasure being your biggest confidence boost. 

Isaac, you are a joy and a delight. You are headed to preschool at the end of the summer, and I can hardly believe just like that I've lost my time at home with just you. While I'm confident you will love school and obviously your teachers will love you, I will miss your companionship, your impromptu "I love you" declarations, your ease of going with the flow, and your little hand that sometimes still reaches up for mine even when I know you no longer need it. But you choose it. 

I love you, big four year old. I love you. I like you. I enjoy you. And I'm proud of you. 

Happy 4th Birthday!

Love,
Mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment