But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Heart Is Happy

Today was such a great day!

Here's my list of really wonderful things that happened.

1. I got 8 (yes, that's right- 8) hours of sleep last night. I woke up feeling RESTED!! It was unreal and a first for my Seattle life.

2. I got to work early, like always, and I got to skype with my most awesome sister-in-law totally unexpectedly. Which means I also got to see the sweetest face in the world, my dear niece. Who could've cared less that "Blue" was on the screen, but it's okay. I got 20 minutes with Erin, and that was a gift.

3. For the 2nd time this week, staff devotions were wonderful. This in itself would've been enough to make today great.

4. I got to go to elementary chapel for the first time (preschool doesn't go, we have our own). We sang, "We Fall Down," and it was the first time that I have heard kids other than my Thailand kids sing that song. At first, it was overwhelmingly sad, and I longed to have all 9 of those children with me. But then I soon enjoyed the beautiful and precious sound of hundreds of kids singing, "And we cry holy, holy, holy." All I could think of was Gong. This filled my heart with a joy and a gratefulness that I can't possibly explain. I do miss those 9 precious children more than anyone realizes. I'm thankful they have left a permanent mark on my heart.

5. Today was Celebrate Blue day in my 3s class, and it was so fun! Normally, the 3s is the much harder class for me, but I went into it with a different attitude. I just wanted to enjoy these kids. They have been entrusted into my care for the school year, and I want to be a part of pointing them to the heart of Jesus. We had a great Blue Day. Blue jell-o, blue tortilla chips, blue play dough, blue art projects, and blue home-made party hats. It was so fun.

6. Two of my staff friends that live here surprised me at cheer practice today! I screamed. It was so wonderful. Seeing a part of my staff family is the next best thing to my own family. I hadn't seen either one of them since I moved here.

7. We went to dinner, and they paid. What a treat!! I have been on the receiving end so frequently, and it's sometimes a hard place to be. But I've learned to truly receive.

8. I had an awesome voice message on my phone to completely top off my day.

Did I mention that it was a PERFECT fall day here in Seattle? Blue sky. The right amount of chill and warmth. Breezy. Gosh. It was awesome.

This has been truly a wonderful day. It's been a gift. There is no other way to describe it. And tomorrow my classes have a field trip, so I won't even be in the classroom. I'll be outside at the zoo. Forecast? More perfect fall weather.

Sigh.

This girl has a happy heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment