But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Delight

The more I get to know my preschoolers, the more I love them. I so enjoy my classes. It was easy for me to enjoy the 4s right away. Though they misbehave more often than the 3s, they converse and interact with me and each other with much greater ease. When we were in chapel this morning, I looked at them and couldn't help but smile. We have our issues, but we're like a family.

My 3s have become such a joy. I have always enjoyed the kids, but the 8 of them together were an interesting mix. Two of the 8 don't speak English, and that's just hard. But in the past week and a half, I feel like we finally have that family feel.

One little boy in my 3s class is quite the cutie and has such a sweet and tender heart. I really enjoy him, and I look forward to seeing him every Tuesday and Thursday. I've learned that he loves motorcycles, planes, and puzzles. LOVES them. I know to always get the basket of planes down before he ever comes into the classroom because he will want to play with them. I know which puzzles he'll enjoy. And his favorite food is white tic-tacs.

I was cleaning up after class one day, and I was putting away our puzzles. I thought to myself, "Gosh, I really want to find an airplane or motorcycle puzzle for Logan. He'll love it so much!" I was picturing his reaction, and I knew he would be pumped!

In this moment, I immediately sensed the Lord. And I got this picture of God taking great delight in giving His children good gifts. Logan isn't mine. But I want to bless him and all of my other students. The better I know them the easier it is for me to find little things to bless their hearts individually. If I desire to love these little ones intentionally, I can't imagine God's heart.

It's always been easy for me to know that God loves me; I often would/do wrestle with this concept of God liking me and taking delight in who I am.

Sometimes I still have this incorrect picture of God. I forget that He is a Father and has the heart of a father- but perfect. I have an awesome dad who loves me and loves loving me. I focus so much on the holiness, awesomeness, and worthiness of God, and I forget that He has a Father's heart. God is worthy of my affection. And I am so unworthy of His. But He gives it anyways.

The other day I got a package in the mail from my aunt that was so specific to my heart I was amazed. In her note she said she was confident that these were gifts from the Lord. He just chose her to give them to me. I read her note, and I was overwhelmed. Because I was already processing this concept of God wanting to bless me specifically.

God has been stirring up a lot in me, and I haven't been able to write anything about it. But this is one of the areas that keeps coming back up.

God delights in me as His child.

I want to ask, "But why?"

But for now, I'm just going to be quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment