But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Self Esteem Boost

Some moments in my 3s class I'm at the end of my patience, and then 30 seconds later, I'm laughing out loud. It's normal to swing between these two places. And it makes it both exhausting and entertaining.

Today, I was demonstrating how I wanted them to paint a rainbow with the watercolors. Mind you, it's perfectly normal for me to demonstrate each project we do. I painted the red, orange, yellow, and I was working on the green. One of my little guys who speaks Russian says, "Miss Rodriguez, that is awesome! Awesome, awesome, awesome. Just so cool. You do so good!"

I picked my head up to see what the expression on his face seemed to be. He appeared to be completely genuine; I therefore did not want to burst into uncontrollable laughter. I smiled and said, "Thanks, buddy!" He just nodded and watched me very intently as I continued to paint.

So, in case I was questioning my ability to paint a computer generated rainbow with watercolors, I'm reassured that I am more than competent. Clearly I'm awesome at it.

And clearly I use the word "awesome" quite frequently to praise their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment