But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Saturday, July 16, 2022

To My 7 Year Old

 Oh Isaac,


I sure do love you. I hope you know that in the deepest parts of your heart- that your Daddy and I love you just the way you are. Your blue eyes, REALLY LOUD voice, strong legs, tender heart- it's all part of what we love.

You are so easy to love and enjoy. You do everything to the best of your ability, and you are so tough. You've been trying to keep up with Nolan since you were a baby, and it's really paying off now. I love watching you play sports, and I love your enthusiasm and excitement over whatever you set your mind to. Yet you have a gentleness about you when you are tending to your sister or when you notice that I'm feeling sad. It always melts my heart a little to see that you notice people who are hurting and can be empathetic towards them. 

You are brave and daring and adventurous. And I love that about you. It makes me smile thinking about all of the water slides you did at Great Wolf Lodge. You wanted to do all of the thrill rides, even the ones you weren't quite tall enough for. You went up and down those stairs so many times, we couldn't believe it. You are a beast, Isaac! 

This year you memorized so much Scripture in Mrs. Lassiter's class, and I hope you hold onto it. You proudly taught us the armor of God and repeatedly told us it was to defend against the fiery darts of the enemy. Oh, how I'm praying you will stand firm against all of the fiery darts that will come your way, my man! I love listening to you pray, and I love how firmly you believe God's Word is true. 

I love you, Isaac Dean. When you do great and when you don't. When you are your best self and your worst. I love you and like you and enjoy you and am proud of you. I will always be here cheering you on. Being your mom is one of my greatest joys.


I love you BIG!

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment