But He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Isaac

Today, as I sit in my classroom, my thoughts are in Haiti. There's so much that needs to happen before our Back to School Night on Tuesday. I don't even want to get into that. 

But I keep thinking of my friends in Haiti.

If you've seen a weather report, you know that Tropical Storm Isaac is gaining strength, predicted to be a hurricane by tomorrow, and is on track to hit Haiti. Other Caribbean islands will also have to face the downpours, the gusting winds, and the mudslides. But Haiti has barely recovered from the earthquake in 2010. There's still thousands of people living in tents. 

And all I can think of are my friends in Nawash and Guitton who barely have a roof over their heads. 

I know God is so much bigger than this storm, and I'm asking for His power to be made known in this storm and His mercy to be shown to these people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment